Events in Scotland in 2013
Well known for its Highland Games, Scotland also has many great festivals, shows, galas and sporting events. You'll also enjoy the colourful Highland Games with the stirring music of pipe bands, piping and dance competitions, caber tossing and other 'heavy' events.
The games are held from May onwards with the most famous being the Braemar Gathering in September. Less traditional events include horse trials, surfing festivals, 'Thunder in the Glen' the international Harley Davidson rally and 'T in the Park' - Scotland's biggest outdoor music festival.
In the cities you'll discover excellent theatre, concerts, opera, ballet and stimulating exhibitions. Some of the highlights of the year are the Edinburgh Military Tattoo and The Fringe - the largest arts festival in the world.
Listed in this section are the principal events across Scotland. A useful publication to what's on in Glasgow and Edinburgh is The List Magazine, it is published every two weeks and is available from newsagents. Most regions of Scotland produce a local What's On Events Guide usually available free from Tourist Information offices.
Enjoy events throughout Scotland:
- Events in Shetland
- Events in Orkney
- Events in Northern Highlands
- Events in Inverness, Loch Ness & Nairn
- Events in Western Isles
- Events in Skye & Lochalsh
- Events in Fort William & Lochaber
- Events in Argyll & Bute
- Events in Aberdeen & Grampian Highlands
- Events in Aviemore, Cairngorms, Badenoch & Strathspey
- Events in Perthshire, Angus & Dundee
- Events in Loch Lomond, Stirling & The Trossachs
- Events in Glasgow
- Events in Ayrshire, Arran & Clyde Valley
- Events in Dumfries & Galloway
- Events in Kingdom of Fife
- Events in Edinburgh
- Events in Lothians & Borders